Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas and Quilts!

Christmas & Quilts!

Stopped by the Art Center today, Saturday, and Ann Emery was sitting for the day and happily chatted about our visitors.  The Art Center is open some Saturdays, depending on availability of volunteers.  My stopover was to take a picture of one of the quilts of the Stepping Stone Quilters, who will be showing in the Hume Gallery for January.  Boy!  Was I pleasantly surprised!  Be-e-e-u-t-i-ful!  Ann was about to close so I quickly took 2 pics and beat it out of there.  So here they are, and I only got the name of one of the quilters.

"Stained Glass" quilt by Janet Schiefer


The Stepping Stone Quilters chose not to have an opening reception, so come see these beautiful fabric works-of-art any Tuesday or Thursday (and select Saturdays) 11-3:00.  Amazing what they can do with a needle and thread and a little cloth.

Since it's December, I thought I'd post these lovely watercolors that are displayed right now by our new Secretary (taking my spot!), Lois Woodrum.  A wonderful watercolorist, an really sweet gal.  Smart too!  You should see them before they're rotated out after Christmas.



Judy Burgarella
Blogger for the Sebastian River Art Club

No comments:

Post a Comment